About OpenOffice Writer (.ODT) File Format
OpenOffice Writer is a part of OpenOfficesoftware package, it is basically a word processor like MS Word, along with some add-ons and thereby making it a vital part of an Office suite. By using these add-ons, you can save the document files in PDF format. With the help of OpenOffice Writer, you can make an instant memo and sophisticated books which include diagrams, indexes, etc. It also has a unique feature of 'AutoComplete', which suggests common words and phrases, which help you while writing. This application can be used in the following operating system such as Mac OS X, Solaris, Linux, Microsoft Windows, and FreeBSD. Using this application, you can open as well as save the documents in many formats, such as Microsoft Word's DOC, OASIS Open Document Format 1.1, XHTML, and RTF.
Along with all the features, it plays an important role while you are writing. Now, suppose if the Open Office Writer gets damaged or corrupt while working. Then all the data that are saved in will also become corrupt and you are unable to access them. Here are the lists of reasons that are responsible for the corruption, are mentioned below:
- If the power suddenly fails.
- The system has been shutdown in an improper way.
- Problems related to social media.
- Format conversion.
- Broken software registries.
- Corrupt software
- If the system has been infected by the malicious virus.
- Reinstalling the Operating system and many more.
OpenOffice WRITER or .ODT REPAIR TOOL
In order to get rid of all these errors and repair ODT file, this is possible with the help of OpenOffice Writer Recovery Software. It is an easy and powerful Writer repair application. You can easily recover the damaged or corrupt Open Office Writer documents easily. It is the perfect Writer repair tool for restoring the inaccessible or damaged files. You can restore data from corrupt ODT files with the help of OpenOffice for Writer software. Within few seconds, this powerful software can restore data from corrupt ODT files. For this you have to initially select the location of the corrupt ODT file and then select the preferred location to save the repaired file, all this can be done with the help of this software.
This software is capable of providing complete support for repairing the corrupt.ODT file. It also gives you the option to repair multiple corrupt ODT file in a single go. Even in batch repairing this tool retains the same accuracy, so the user should not be worried seeing the quantity of damaged or corrupt ODT files. This software would recover the entire damaged or corrupt file in the batch recovery mode that would help you to recover all the files in a single session.
FEATURES OF WRITER REPAIR TOOL
- It has an interactive GUI interface that allows every user to access it in an easy way.
- To quickly repair even heavy files it has efficient embedded repair algorithms.
- Irrespective of any size it repairs .odt files without wasting any time.
- After the completion of .odt file recovery process, you can see the preview of all the restored items.
- You can recover multiple files at a time as it supports Batch Recovery.
- Supports recovery of .ODT file created using Open Office database Writer in any version
- Even after completing the recovery process it retains the data integrity.
Complete System Requirements
- Minimum 64 MB RAM (128 MB recommended)
- 10 MB for Software installation
- Disk Space - Enough space to store the recovered files
- Operating systems - Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 95 and Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2003
Steps to Recover Inaccessible OpenOffice Writer File
Complete instructions on how to use and work with OpenOffice Writer Recovery tool is explained below. So, just go through it once before doing it practically.
Step 1: Launch ODP Repair Tool for Writer. To browse and list corrupt ODP files, click the Select Files button.
Step 2: In order to start the repairing process of the .odp file, click on Next. The software would ask you to identify the location to save the repaired file.
Step 3: Browse the desired location and then click on OK.